How to install, maintain, and use the data scientific software “stack”. The Unix operating system, integrated development environments, and problem solving strategies.
By the end of the course, students are expected to be able to:
- Customize and configure software platforms used in the MDS program.
- Employ appropriate computing concepts and state-of-the-art Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) in the programming process.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot programming and development environment problems, and explain how such problems can be avoided.
- Integrate popular R and Python libraries into their code; select appropriate libraries for a given task.
- UNIX Power Tools Jerry Peek, Tim O’Reilly & Mike Loukides
Note: information on this page is preliminary and subject to change.