How to use the web as a platform for data collection, computation, and publishing. Accessing data via scraping and APIs. Using the cloud for tasks that are beyond the capability of your local computing resources.
By the end of the course, students are expected to be able to:
- Scrape data from websites and access data using application programming interfaces (APIs) where available.
- Author web content for public access.
- Host a simple application on a cloud computing platform such as Amazon’s EC2.
- Connect the concepts in databases to those of distributed computing
- Parallelize computations in an environment such as iPython Parallel.
Note: information on this page is preliminary and subject to change.