To contribute to the MDS blog, follow these steps to work with the blog’s Editor, which is currently Mike Gelbart:
- Contact the Editor and agree on the basic outline of the post.
- Fork the repo that houses this site and give the Editor write access to the fork.
- Create a new file in the
_posts directory, write a draft, and push it to your fork. For eventual social media posting it’s best to include a
share-img; for example, see the 3rd line here.
- Iterate back and forth with the Editor until the post is ready.
- Submit a pull request from your fork to the blog repo (but be careful not to send it to the parent of the blog repo, which can happen by accident).
- The Editor will merge the PR and the post will automatically appear on the MDS blog.